I have known Maggie for many years and always admire her sense of style. She is a busy working mother who always looked effortlessly when she is at work or hanging out with her adorable and equally fashionable daughter, Mia. Maggie was able to give me some time from her busy schedule and talked about beauty, fashion and being a “Mommy with Style”, and you can follow Maggie and check out her impeccable style here.
Here is our conversation:
Describe your style: I don’t have a specific style…. I’m like a chameleon. I can go from homeless chic to a fabulous Asian girl in sixty seconds!
Fashion icons: Coco Chanel, Miuccia Prada, Rachel Zoe, Tom Ford and believe it or not…the Olsen twins
Fashion piece/item that you can’t live without: My green croc Hermes Collier de Chien cuff.
Fashion dos: Wear clothes that works for you… Don’t get too caught up with the trends. And always dress age appropriately.
Fashion don’ts: That nasty clacking sound from worn down heels… replace it or just throw it away.
Your biggest fashion faux pus: My Uggs…it’s like wearing a sleeping bag on your feet!!!
Your five essential must haves: Chanel jacket, wide leg pant, great dark slim jean, statement necklace, amazing luggage…aka…handbag.
Beauty products that you can’t live with out: La Mer eye balm and moisturizing cream, Mac cover up, Kiehl’s Facial Fuel eye de puffer, Comptoir Sud Pacific cristal de musc.
Your signature look: Eyelashes, headband, and my Tom Ford sunglasses.
Keep it or Lose it:
1. Woman’s thong – keep it
2. Man’s thong – lose it
3. Legging jeans – lose it
4. Crocs – lost it, unless you are a kid
5. Teva sandals – lose it
6. Sexy lingerie – lose it, put the money towards to a handbag
7. Jock strap – keep it, don’t you need it if you play sports?
8. Tube socks – lose it
9. Scrunchies – lose it, unless you use it to wash your face
10. Chia pet – keep it, it’s not hurting anyone?
11. Dieting – keep it, designer clothe runs small
12. Custom jewelry – keep it, Dahling
13. 80’s fashion – keep it, it all comes back around
14. Blond hair streaks – lose it
Thank you Maggie H for the chat.