We are lucky living in a city thrived on diverse culture. So this year, Metropolitan Museum‘s annual Costume Institute Spring 2015 Exhibition is dedicated to China, on its influences from culture, designs, textures, styles, and how it inspired western designers to incorporate this theme into their works.
I am grateful to see this exhibition, China: Through the Looking Glass, twice and getting inspired through its stunning visual presentation from designs, video installations, and images. There are many beautifully crafted looks from this presentation. So I picked several of my favorite designs from this exhibition and hoped you will like them too.
Here are the looks:
1. Haute Couture by Gou Pie. Rhianna wore her design to the Met Gala this year. However, I think this gown is much more exquisite than this and definitely a show stopper.
2. Another couture dress by Guo Pie, inspired by Ming vase prints.
3. Roberto Cavalli’s own Ming vase print interpretation.
4. Beautiful red gown from Dior, by John Galliano with dragon detail.
5 and 6, Chanel Haute Couture from Karl Lagerfeld with traditional Chinese floral prints.
7. Yves Saint Laurent inspired qipao (cheongsam) gown by Tom Ford
8. Stunning piece by Jean Paul Gaultier
9. Another stunning beaded gown from Yves Saint Laurent by Tom Ford
10. Finally, stunning creation by Alexander McQueen with exquisite tile detail on the bodice.
So my fashion peeps, which one is your favorite?